University of Arizona
- Fraud/deception detection
- IS Security and control
- IS project control
MBA, (Concentration: Control)
Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, Boston, Massachusetts
Master of Science (Information Science)
Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics/Computer Science),
College of William and Mary in Virginia, Williamsburg, Virginia
Published Journal Articles
- Humpherys, Sean, Moffitt, Kevin, Burns, Mary, Burgoon, Judee K., and Felix, William, “Identification of Fraudulent Financial Statements Using Linguistic Credibility Analysis,” Decision Support Systems, 50:3 (2011), 585-594.
- Kennedy, Karen Norman, Lassk, Felicia G., and Burns, Mary B., “A Scale Assessing Team-Based Job Performance in a Customer-Oriented Environment,” Journal of Quality Management, 6 (2001), 257-273.
Published Conference Proceedings
- “Facial Thermal Imaging as a Technique for Deception Detection,” with Kevin Moffitt, Jeffrey L. Jenkins, Judee K. Burgoon, Hawaii International Conference on Computer and Systems Sciences (HICSS), Manoa, Hawaii, January 5-8, 2010.
- “What Does That Mean? Investigating Obfuscation and Readability Cues as Indicators of Deception in Fraudulent Financial Reports,” with Kevin Moffitt, Fifteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, San Francisco, August, 2009.
- “Health Care Executives: The Association between External Factors, Use, and Their Perceptions of Health Information Technology,” with Neset Hikmet, Tenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, New York, New York, August 5-8, 2004.
Papers Accepted at Workshops/Short Paper Sessions
- “New Approaches for Auditors: Classification Techniques for Fraudulent and Non-Fraudulent Financial Reports Based on Linguistic Indicators of Deception,” with Kevin Moffitt, William Felix, and Judee K. Burgoon, Interactive Short Paper (ISP) session of the AAA Information System Section Mid-Year Meeting's meeting program, January 6 – January 8, 2011.
- “Using Lexical Bundles to Discriminate between Fraudulent and Non-fraudulent Financial Reports.” with Kevin Moffitt, William Felix, and Judee K. Burgoon, SIG-ASYS Pre-ICIS 2010 workshop, December 12 , 2010.
- “Proposing a Vendor-Independent Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Maturity Model, ” with Koren Elder, Matthew Pickard, Inshad Chowdhury, Kevin Moffitt, and J. Leon Zhao, MISQ-Executive pre-AMCIS Writing for Practitioners Workshop, San Francisco, August 6, 2009.
Awards and Honors
- Selected as one of 20 students to present a poster at the Fifth Annual Department of Homeland Security (DHS) University Network Summit. Poster title: “Defending Homeland Transportation Systems through Application of Automated Linguistic Analysis to Transcripts of Emergency Calls for Deception Detection”, 2010