Internship Opportunity with the White House Liaison’s Office at the Department of Homeland Security
Internship Opportunity with the White House Liaison’s Office (WHLO) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
The White House Liaison’s Office (WHLO) at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is looking for motivated students interested in an opportunity to participate in a part-time internship program. Fall interns will have an opportunity to work alongside DHS employees, gain critical work experience, and build invaluable relationships. The WHLO Intern Program provides a robust and exciting experience where participants feel challenged with substantive projects and are afforded unique exposure to various sections and components of the Department.
“I was fortunate enough to be selected by WHLO to work as an intern during Summer 2014. I was placed in the Office of Public Affairs, where I worked on the “If You See Something, Say Something™” campaign. I was actively involved in the campaign, and I definitely felt my work was valued. Also, thanks to WHLO, I was able to participate in a number of professional development opportunities for interns, such as field trips, tours, and meet-and-greets. It was a great experience!
-- Meghan G, Pennsylvania State University
How to Apply:
- Email your resume, completed application, statement of interest, transcript and 1 recommendation to WHLOintern@HQ.DHS.GOV by midnight on Friday, September 12th, 2014.
- On your resume, be sure to include your GPA, work experience, community service, and updated contact information.
- Must be enrolled at a university, college or community college at least half-time
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Student is available to work at least 20 hours a week
DHS departments include:
- Office of Legislative Affairs
- National Protection Programs Directorate
- Customs and Border Protection
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement
- United States Customs and Immigration Services
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- White House Liaison's Office
- Office of Public Affairs
- Office of International Affairs/Policy